Pages

May 22, 2011

Rock'em Sock'em Robots: The Movie


After a brief search on Google I was able to confirm that I am not alone in my belief that the upcoming film "Real Steel" is really just Rock'em Sock'em Robots: The Movie.


I respect Hugh Jackman as an actor in spite of the fact that many of his films (e.g. X-Men: The Last Stand) are detrimental to my intelligence. Proof of his talent can be seen in his early stage performances; granted, I'm quite fond of Oklahoma. Yet, this trailer is more than enough evidence that "Real Steel" is going to suck eggs. Putting aside the obvious fact that the plot holds the sweet scent of a Hollywood gimmick, I am predicting the movie's downfall will come at the hands of the child actor (whose name I refuse to look up on principle). Just watch the trailer. Let the cheesiness of the dialogue ooze from your computer speakers like an 80's synth-pop music video. Maybe I've been spoiled by the work of Haley Joel Osment (Forrest Gump, The Sixth Sense, A.I. Artificial Intelligence), but in comparison, this child sounds awful. His line reads have the sincerity of a high school Spanish class video project. One can only hope that the kid doesn't already have an ego, and more importantly, can strive to improve his acting ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment